10/20/2007

The birth of a new blog

Introduction
'ello everyone. I'm HitmanN. I made this blog to be a place where I can let out some of my thoughts and rant about things. I reside in Finland, Europe, and my views will probably occasionally reflect that.

If someone knows me by my nickname from before, then that's most likely because of one of two things. First, I used to run a web page called Unlimited Units, which was a place where I (and couple of other people) uploaded custom content for the PC game Total Annihilation. More probably you might know me from my galleries at both my website http://www.hitmann.net or my DeviantART acount. I mainly draw anime (japanese cartoon/comic style) girls, with the intent of making 'em look cute and sexy. It's not a thing for everyone, but it's what I enjoy doing, and I dare say I've progressed plenty in the 4-5 years I've been doing it. ;)

About this blog
Well, needless to say, since I have a website, and a DA account, I don't need a blog for talking about art. Instead, I want to dedicate this blog mainly to my secondary hobby, which is computer and console gaming. I might occasionally talk about totally unrelated stuff too though.

My current set of gaming platforms include a PC (recently upgraded), Playstation and Playstation 2. If I go and get a new console in the next year or so, it'll most likely be a Playstation 3. Or if there isn't enough good games for it by then, then possibly Xbox360. Time and budget will tell. ;) Nintendo hasn't been on my purchase list since SNES though, that I can say right away, though I'm still considering picking up a used GameCube to get to play a few games on it.

My favorite genres are as follows:
PC: Strategy, RPG, Shooters, Arcade
PSX: RPG, Arcade
PS2: RPG, Arcade, Racing

However, I do like trying games from genres too, though sports games are something I've never really caught on. Real-life simulations in general tend to not interest me much. A little imagination does good for a game, I think. ;)

Currently I'm playing the following:
PSX: Arc the Lad 3
PC: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, Unreal Tournament 3 demo

I also got a key for playing the beta of Hellgate: London, but haven't had a chance to experience it yet, with the servers being down.

Plans for future
So, what kind of stuff do I intend to talk about here then? Most likely my first impressions on games, opinions/reviews after finishing (or having played enough) a game, and possible random news I found interesting and want to share. As next article, I'll most likely type about something related to the games I listed a few lines above.

Ei kommentteja: